Making Data Driven Decisions
Berrien RESA can assist
school districts with the process of developing a district-wide data
system strategy to help improve student achievement.
The cycle of data use for continuous school improvement serves as a framework for the purposeful use of data.
To assist in the decision making process, Berrien RESA is able to provide a data overview package for schools including:
- Overall school performance by Subject/Grade level
- School performance trend year by year
- Data disaggregation by categories (ethnicity, gender, SES, special programs, etc.)
In addition, we can provide further data analysis upon request. Examples include:
- Measuring student cohort's academic progress
- Determining what variables predict student achievement
- Discovering which students are more likely to dropout or graduate
- Determining effectiveness of instructional programs or interventions
- Assisting in developing action plans based on school/district's data analyses
can also assist schools in the development of survey tools or interview
protocol to collect and analyze perception data relative to student
achievement. For more information, contact Dan Wei, Evaluations & Assessment Consultant or complete our online Data Planning Request form.